Recently an RTL-SDR.com reader wrote in to let us know about a fork of SDR# written by “Gubo682″ which has some added features. Note you will need to be a member of the SDR# Yahoo group to access the download page linked above. The added features and changes to SDR# are
– Names show up in spectrum
– Scan button for simple scanning through current group
– Selected group remembered after restart
– Adding new entry: group defaults to current group
– Simple DMR support (see Tips)
– SHIFT click (or SHIFT ENTER) will select according relais input frequency for 2m/70cm
– When dragging spectrum left/right, holding SHIFT will keep frequency constant
– With the new HF [Radio Freqeuency]/AF [Audio Frequency] button waterfall can be switched to AF. Cursor will be annotated with AF frequency.
– Splitter position (hopefully) restored properly after restart
– AF recording pauses if squelch closed
DX Cluster Plugin
– Displays DX cluster stations in the spectrum
– Displays currently on-air SW radio stations in spectrum (data from http://www.eibispace.de/)
In addition there is also now a notch filter with adjustable bandwidth which can be applied by right clicking in the new AF (Audio Frequency) mode of the waterfall.
To use with the RTL-SDR, you will need to download the SDRSharp_gubo68_4d.zip file, run install.bat and then manually un-comment the line <add key=”RTL-SDR / USB” value=”SDRSharp.RTLSDR.RtlSdrIO,SDRSharp.RTLSDR” /> in the SDRSharp.exe.config text file and then copy over rtlsdr.dll and libusb-1.0.dll from an SDR# installation that was installed using the Quickstart guide method.
You can follow the development of this modified SDR# on the SDRSharp Yahoo group, and specifically in this Yahoo Groups thread.