The Communications System Toolbox in MATLAB 2013b now supports the RTL-SDR dongle. MATLAB is a scientific computing software product which scientists and engineers use for complex technical computations and simulations.
The RTL-SDR radio support package enables you to design wireless receivers using real world signals. Using Communications System Toolbox™ in conjunction with an RTL-SDR USB radio, you can design and prototype systems that process real-time wireless signals in MATLAB® and Simulink®.
Wireless engineers, students, and hobbyists can learn to receive and decode real-world radio signals using this low cost RTL-SDR hardware connected to your computer.
- RTL-SDR radio as an I/O peripheral to receive streaming RF signals
- Configurable center frequency and sample rate
- NooElec™ NESDR Mini USB Stick (R820T) and NooElec NESDR Nano USB Stick (R820T) SDR devices with frequency range 30MHz – 1.8GHz
- Compatible with other RTL-SDR USB radios (eg., Terratec T-Stick E4000)
- Several application examples for getting started:
- FM Mono / Stereo with RTL-SDR
- FRS Receiver with RTL-SDR
- Spectral Analysis with RTL-SDR radio
- Frequency offset calibration with RTL-SDR