Daisy-chain three 16×32 LED Displays with a Raspberry Pi
In this tutorial, we will look at daisy chaining together two or three of these displays and also wrapping Henner’s fast and efficient C code in some Python that will create images on the fly and populate them with text before handing them over to the C code to handle the refreshing of the display.
Featured in this tutorial:
- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB RAM
- Medium 16×32 RGB LED matrix panel
- 5V 10A switching power supply
- 5V 4A (4000mA) switching power supply – UL Listed
- 5V 2A (2000mA) switching power supply – UL Listed
- Premium Female/Female Jumper Wires – 40 x 6
- Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires – 40 x 6 (150mm)
- Female DC Power adapter – 2.1mm jack to screw terminal block
- The Raspberry Leaf (Three Pack)
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!